Posted on November 19, 2019 by Christian Mccauley
Stress-Free Thanksgiving Travel Tips
Air travel is busiest around the Thanksgiving holiday, but that doesn’t necessarily mean more hassle. While CAK is easy-breezy year-round, use these five tips to avoid the most common travel snafus at any airport:
- Don't be a turkey. Download your airline’s app before arriving at the airport. You can use the app to check-in, get updates on connecting flights, access terminal maps and make flight itinerary changes if necessary.
- Stuffing your bag is permitted... just be sure to follow the 3-1-1 Rule: All liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in your carry-on must be in 3.4-ounce bottles or smaller and inside a single, clear, quart-size zip-top bag. Use @askTSA on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to ask specific questions about what can go through security.
- You'll be thankful if you bring charging cables. Keep your phone charged for mobile boarding passes and in-flight entertainment.
- Purchase ingredients before Thanksgiving Day, review the recipe. Pre-purchase luggage and know your carrier's baggage policies before you arrive at the airport to save on money and time.
- Thanksgiving feast aren't made in under an hour! Arrive at least 60-90 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
Still looking to book your trip? Remember to book CAK aboard American, Delta, Spirit or United to one of CAK’s 11 nonstop destinations, or just one-stop to the globe.
About Akron-Canton Airport
What makes Akron-Canton Airport a better way to go? At CAK, we’re all about offering our customers a convenient, relaxing and enjoyable experience. Travelers enjoy our big airport amenities and small airport feel. We are proud to offer nonstop service to 11 destinations and one-stop access to the globe aboard exceptional airline partners. Keep up to date on all things CAK at akroncantonairport.com