As excitement builds for the Akron-Canton Airport’s Mobile GOES (Global Entry) program in May, we want to highlight some important steps to reaching Global Entry membership.
First step, secure a passport!
Have you put off applying for your US Passport? Well, if you want to apply for GOES, you must have a passport in order to fill out the application. Fear not – it’s really not a hassle. Just keep in mind, it takes anywhere from 4 - 6 weeks for a passport to arrive. (There are expedited options, see the bottom of this post.)
Where to apply?
New applicants must complete the process at an acceptance facility. These will depend on your location. You can find your closest locations here.
Locations within 25 miles of CAK, with photo capabilities on-site include:
- Stark County District Library-Lake Community Branch
- Uniontown Post Office
- Canton Main Post Office
- Stark County District Library-Perry Sippo Branch
- Stark County District Library-Plain Community Branch
- Summit County Clerk Of Courts
- Stark County District Library-Main Library
- Massillon Post Office
- Canal Fulton Post Office
- University Of Akron Simmons Hall Lobby
- Akron-Summit County Public Library - Main Library
- Barberton Post Office
- Akron Main Office Window Service
- Summit County Clerk Of Courts
- Alliance Main Post Office
- Cuyahoga Falls Post Office
- Stow - Munroe Falls Public Library
- Summit County Clerk Of Courts - West Branch
- Sharon Center Post Office
- Hudson Post Office
The acceptance process takes about 15 minutes, including your photo taken.
*I completed mine at the Stark County District Library – Plain Community Branch and they photocopied and mailed the documents for me at no additional cost.
What do I need to bring to my appointment if I’m getting a new passport?
- Completed DS-11 form in black ink (DO NOT SIGN) or filled out and printed from the State Department website. Please print separate sheets, not back to back.
- Proof of US citizenship (certified copy of birth certificate). Originals will be returned.
- Photocopy of birth certificate front and back if there is any writing on the back of certificate. (Photocopier available at library locations)
- Photo ID (driver’s license or state ID)
- Photocopy front/back of id
- Passport photo
- Check or money order for Application Fee, made out to the Department of State (separate checks for each family member).
- Cash, credit or check for Acceptance Fee and Photo Fee. Check should be made out to Stark County District Library.
Passport book or Passport card?
A passport card is valid only for travel by land and by sea to the following locations: Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean
ADULT APPLICANTS (Age 16 Years and Older)
- Adults Passport Book - $110
- Adult Passport Card - $30
- Adult Passport Book & Card - $140
MINOR APPLICANTS (UNDER 16)
- Minor Passport Book - $80
- Minor Passport Card - $15
- Minor Passport Book & Card - $95
Application Fee and any Additional Services Fees:
- Checks (personal, certified, cashier's, traveler's) and money orders payable to "U.S. Department of State"
- Credit and debit cards CANNOT be accepted
All new applicants must also pay a $25 acceptance/execution fee. $25 Execution Fee Paid Separately:
- Money orders at all locations, payable as instructed by the facility
- Personal checks and cash (exact change only) at some locations
- Credit cards at U.S. postal facilities and some other locations
*Please verify acceptable payment methods with the acceptance facility ahead of time.
Travelers must be pre-approved for the Global Entry program. That means, you must have a passport before you start the application for pre-approval. For more expedited options, find information from the U.S. Department of State here.