Posted December 13, 2019 in Press Releases
If you’re traveling this holiday season, you’ll be in good company, a lot of it actually. During one of the busiest travel times of the year, we want to ensure you have the best experience possible through CAK.
With a little prep work, you’ll be set for a seamless and hassle-free trip!
- Choose your parking option before heading to the airport. That way, there’s no delay in parking. Pick from Short-Term, Covered Short-Term, Long-Term “A” or Long-Term “B” depending on your trip. Find rates here.
- Arrive at CAK at least 90 minutes before your boarding time. Remember, “Departure” time is when the doors shut and the plane leaves the gate. So arrive early, enjoy free Wi-Fi, and make sure to try our new local concessions.
- If you’re not checking a bag, print your boarding pass off at home, the airline kiosk, or use your airline’s app for mobile boarding. This way, you can go straight to security without stopping at the ticket counter.
- If you're checking a bag, be sure to purchase the bag online beforehand. This saves time during the check-in process.
- Also, make sure your luggage is the correct weight so you don’t have to rearrange items when you reach the ticket counter.
- Speaking of what to pack, remember there are restrictions for packing your carry-on and personal items. Keep liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes at or less than 3.4 ounces each. This excludes medications and infant/child nourishment. Questions about specific items? Check TSA’s travel tips or use @AskTSA on Twitter.
- Have TSA PreCheck? Use it! Get through the line quick and easy (without taking off your shoes). If you don’t have it, consider signing up for the next time you fly. More information here.
- Wrapped gifts aren’t necessarily prohibited by TSA, but there’s always a chance they’ll have to be unwrapped for further inspection. Don’t stress, we’ll have our annual gift bag and tissue paper station setup just after the TSA checkpoint.
- Have kiddos? Stop by the Step2 PlayPort to let them burn off some energy while you relax and snap a few pictures. Moms can also take advantage of the private nursing room next door.
Make sure to watch for our Claus Couture Elf on the Shelf as you travel though the terminal! Be the first to snap a photo of our friend from the north and send to email@example.com to recieve a holiday gift.
ABOUT THE AKRON-CANTON AIRPORT
The Akron-Canton Airport (CAK), located in Green, Ohio serves nearly 1 million passengers each year. Offering nonstop air service to 11 destinations and just one stop to the world, CAK connects Northeast Ohio residents to the places they need to go. Customers can choose from some of the largest domestic carriers including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines for their travel needs.