Posted December 04, 2018 in Press Releases
Akron-Canton Airport to Host Temporary Global Entry Enrollment Event
GREEN, Ohio – The Akron-Canton Airport is pleased to announce a temporary Global Entry enrollment event will be hosted at the airport from February 18-22, 2019.
The business community and frequent travelers are invited to enroll in this program to enjoy expedited clearance at select airports for approved travelers upon arrival in the United States.
On arrival to the United States, program members save time with expedited clearance through kiosks. Other benefits include no processing lines, no paperwork, access to expedited entry benefits in other countries, reduced wait times and TSA PreCheck eligibility.
Seven of CAK’s 11 nonstop destinations offer Global Entry kiosks:
- Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT)
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Tampa International Airport (TPA)
Travelers must be pre-approved prior to the enrollment interview at CAK.
To ensure applications are conditionally approved in time for the available temporary enrollment center dates, please apply for Global Entry by December 31, 2018.
How to Apply for Global Entry
- Create a Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) account. Regardless of your age, you must have your own TTP account.
- Log in to your TTP account and complete the application. A $100 non-refundable fee is required with each completed application.
- After accepting your completed application and fee, CBP will review your application. If your application is conditionally approved, then your GOES account will instruct you to schedule an interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center. Each applicant must schedule a separate interview.
- You will need to use the code 7H741Y228 in the Enrollment Center site that will allow you to make your appointment at The Akron-Canton Airport (CAK), from May 8-10, 2018.
- IMPORTANT - conditional approval can take up to 6 week, please take this into consideration for CAK’s temporary enrollment dates.
You will need to bring your valid passport and one other form of identification, such as a driver’s license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your machine readable permanent resident card.
If you already have an appointment at a different enrollment center, you may change your appointment to the Akron-Canton Airport using the private event access code 7H741Y228.
The event will be hosted at the airport (5400 Lauby Rd. NW #9 North Canton, Ohio 44720) in the second floor conference rooms. Parking will be validated by the airport, and space is limited to 100 applicants per day, 500 applicants for the week. Appointment times will be given to individual applicants by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Important notes about this event:
- Applications must be completed online – the airport cannot do this via phone. Any questions and concerns should be directed to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- No walk-up appointments will be accepted for this event.
- This enrollment event is limited to 500 applicants.
Learn more about Global Entry here: https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/video-gallery/2015/01/how-expedite-your-entry