What CAK is Doing to Protect Passengers, Employees, and Tenants
- Installed additional hand sanitizer dispensers in prioritized areas throughout the airport
- Placed CDC COVID-19 and hand washing posters through the restrooms and high-traffic areas
- Added sanitary wipes for wheelchairs
- Increased the frequency and intensity of efforts to disinfect restrooms and other public areas with cleaning agents intended to kill germs
- Continue to clean and sanitize all touch-points; working with TSA to ensure bins and trays are sanitized at least once every hour
- Implemented overhead announcements within the terminal
- CAK administration has switched to a virtual meeting format
- Health Screenings: CAK is not one of the airports being screened by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control. Essential staff reporting to work at CAK are undergoing a temperature screening as they arrive.
- Passenger Traffic at CAK: As airlines continue to reduce their flight schedules, CAK is experiencing a significant reduction in passenger traffic. However, despite these reductions, the airport is still open and flights are still operating.
Routes at CAK
As airlines are reducing capacity system-wide, CAK will experience the following:
- LaGuardia aboard American Airlines, daily service has been suspended for January 2020
- Chicago aboard American Airlines, daily service has been suspended for January 2020
- Washington D.C. aboard American Airlines, daily service has been suspended for January 2020
- Houston aboard United Airlines, suspended through January 2020
- Atlanta aboard Delta Air Lines, temporarily suspended
- It is important to remember that there are no nonstop international flights
- CAK Visitor Information Center: Open
- Parking Update: Lots have been consolidated to short-term and short-term covered. Shuttle service has been temporarily suspended.
- TSA Hours: TSA’s security screening locations will now be operational between the hours of 5:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Terminal Operations: Precautions and adjustments have been made to procedures and operations regarding terminal dining, shopping, shuttle bus, passenger check in and TSA to ensure the safety of our travelers and employees. View detailed changes for travelers here.
- Social Distancing: Travelers and employees should practice social distancing and allow 6 feet of space between yourself and other people in lines, gate areas and concession.
These changes are ongoing, so we will regularly update as we learn more.