We understand that some may need to travel during this time and in an effort to ensure passengers feel comfortable while traveling, CAK has made several proactive enhancements to our facility and our cleaning procedures. Below is information on what the airport is doing, travel impacts and operational impacts. This information is updated on a regular basis as information becomes available.
What CAK is Doing to Protect Passengers and Employees:
- Installed additional hand sanitizer dispensers in prioritized areas throughout the airport
- Placed CDC COVID-19 and hand washing posters through the restrooms and high-traffic areas
- Added sanitary wipes for wheelchairs
- Increased the frequency and intensity of efforts to disinfect restrooms and other public areas with cleaning agents intended to kill germs
- Continue to clean and sanitize all touch-points; working with TSA to ensure bins and trays are sanitized at least once every hour
- Delta Air Lines will require travelers to wear face coverings beginning May 4, 2020.
- United Airlines will require travelers to wear face coverings beginning May 4, 2020.
- American Airlines will require travelers to wear face coverings beginning May 11, 2020.
- Spirit Airlines will require travelers to wear face coverings beginning May 11, 2020.
CAK is looking to source face coverings for travelers who arrive at the airport and would like one, but at this time we encourage travelers and visitors to bring their own face mask to the airport.
Passenger Traffic at CAK: As airlines continue to reduce their flight schedules, CAK is experiencing a significant reduction in passenger traffic. However, despite these reductions, the airport is still open and flights are still operating.
Routes at CAK: As airlines are reducing capacity system-wide, CAK will experience the following:
- LaGuardia aboard American Airlines, daily service has been suspended for May and June 2020
- Chicago aboard American Airlines, daily service has been suspended for May and June 2020
- Washington D.C. aboard American Airlines, daily service has been suspended for May and June 2020
- Houston aboard United Airlines, suspended from April 1 – Sept 30, 2020
- Atlanta aboard Delta Air Lines: Temporarily suspended
- Washington Dulles aboard United Airlines, launch suspended (originally anticipated for May 8, 2020)
- Newark aboard United Airlines, ended April 1, 2020 rather than May 7, 2020
- Ft. Myers and Tampa aboard Spirit Airlines, wrapped up their seasonal service in April 2020
- Orlando aboard Spirit Airlines, suspended from April 3 - June 10, 2020
- It is important to remember that there are no nonstop international flights
Flight Status Updates: Flight Information Display Systems (FIDS) are located throughout the terminal and provide information about flight arrivals, departures, and gates. The same information is available in real time on the airport’s website (click here). You may also contact the airline for information about a specific flight by calling the respective reservation number.
CAK Visitor Information Center: Closed at this time.
Parking Lots and Shuttles: Parking lots have been consolidated to Short-Term covered and Short-Term. If your car is parked in Long-Term B, you will still be able to exit upon your arrival. Beginning April 21, 2020 parking fees will be waved.
Shuttle bus service has been temporarily suspended.
Ground Transportation: Please check with your scheduled rental car agency or transportation provider for current hours. Enterprise, National and Alamo car rental hours will temporarily change to 10am-10pm.
Dining and Shopping: All chairs and tables have been removed from our food court and concession areas, and bars are closed to ensure social distancing. Some restaurants are operating, some with limited hours, with takeout options and prepackaged food products. All dining and shopping staff reporting to work are asked to self-test prior to arriving to work.
- Arby’s - Temporarily Closed
- Buckhead Grill – Open 6am-2:30pm
- CAK Marketplace near Gate 3 – Open 6am-3pm
- Cinnabon – Temporarily Closed
- Great Lakes Brewing Company - Temporarily Closed
- Post-Security CAK Marketplace – Temporarily Closed
- Royal Docks Taproom - Temporarily Closed
Luggage: All bags will be screened at American Airlines and Delta check in desk ONLY; United Airlines and Spirit Airlines passengers will need to bring their checked bags to American Airlines/Delta screening machines.
TSA: One TSA lane will be open during this time. PreCheck is available through the blended lane with standard passengers.
TSA Security Checkpoint hours have been temporarily modified to 6:30am-4:00pm each day.
Social Distancing: Please also practice social distancing and allow 6 feet of space between yourself and other people in lines, gate areas and concessions
In times of rapid change, our carriers including American, Delta, United, and Spirit are doing everything they can to accommodate changes in your travel needs. Learn more about their respective policies through the links below:
American | Delta | United | Spirit
These changes are ongoing, so we will regularly update as we learn more.