The safety and health of our passengers and employees has always been and will continue to be our number-one priority.
We understand that some may need to travel during this time and in an effort to ensure passengers feel comfortable while traveling, CAK has made several proactive enhancements to our facility and our cleaning procedures. Below is information on what the airport is doing, travel impacts and operational impacts. This information is updated on a regular basis as information becomes available.
What CAK is Doing to Protect Passengers and Employees:
- Installed additional hand sanitizer dispensers in prioritized areas throughout the airport
- Placed CDC COVID-19 and hand washing posters through the restrooms and high-traffic areas
- Added sanitary wipes for wheelchairs
- Increased the frequency and intensity of efforts to disinfect restrooms and other public areas with cleaning agents intended to kill germs
- Continue to clean and sanitize all touch-points; working with TSA to ensure bins and trays are sanitized at least once every hour
Health Screenings: CAK is not one of the airports being screened by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control. Essential staff reporting to work at CAK are undergoing a temperature screening as they arrive.
Passenger Traffic at CAK: As airlines continue to reduce their flight schedules, CAK is experiencing a significant reduction in passenger traffic. However, despite these reductions, the airport is still open and flights are still operating.
Routes at CAK: As airlines are reducing capacity system-wide, CAK will experience the following:
- LaGuardia aboard American Airlines, daily service has been suspended for May and June 2020
- Chicago aboard American Airlines, daily service has been suspended for May and June 2020
- Washington D.C. aboard American Airlines, daily service has been suspended for May and June 2020
- Houston aboard United Airlines, suspended from April 1 – Sept 30, 2020
- Atlanta aboard Delta Air Lines: Temporarily suspended
- Washington Dulles aboard United Airlines, launch suspended (originally anticipated for May 8, 2020)
- Newark aboard United Airlines, ended April 1, 2020 rather than May 7, 2020
- Ft. Myers and Tampa aboard Spirit Airlines, wrapped up their seasonal service in April 2020
- Orlando aboard Spirit Airlines, suspended from April 3 - June 10, 2020
CAK Visitor Information Center: Closed at this time.
Parking Update: Lots have been consolidated to short-term and short-term covered, and will be FREE beginning April 21, 2020. Shuttle service has been temporarily suspended.
TSA Hours: TSA’s security screening locations will now be operational between the hours of 6:30am and 4:00pm.
Terminal Operations: Precautions and adjustments have been made to procedures and operations regarding terminal dinning, shopping, shuttle bus, passenger check in, and TSA to ensure the safety of our travelers and employees. View detailed changes for travelers here.
Social Distancing: Travelers and employees should practice social distancing and allow 6 feet of space between yourself and other people in lines, gate areas and concession.
These changes are ongoing, so we will regularly update as we learn more.