Posted November 17, 2016 in Press Releases
If you’re traveling this holiday season, you’ll be in good company, a lot of it actually. During one of the busiest travel times of the year, we want to ensure you have the best experience possible through CAK. With a little prep work, you’ll be set for a hassle-free trip to see grandma and grandpa!
- Choose your parking option before heading to the airport. That way, there’s no delay in parking. Pick from economy, long term or short term depending on your trip. Find rates here.
- Arrive at CAK at least 90 minutes before your boarding time. Remember, “departure” time is when the doors shut and the plane leaves the gate. So arrive early and relax with free wi-fi or at one of our Great Lakes Bars.
- If you’re not checking a bag, print your boarding pass off at home, the airline kiosk, or use your airline’s mobile app for mobile boarding. This way, you can go straight to security without stopping at the ticket counter.
- If you are checking a bag, be sure to purchase the bag online or through your travel agent beforehand. This saves time during the check-in process.
- Also, make sure luggage is the correct weight so you don’t have to rearrange items when you reach the ticket counter. American, Delta, Southwest and United are 50lbs and under while Allegiant and Spirit are 40lbs and under for checked-bags. Here’s a video for luggage sizes and weights per airline.
- Speaking of what to pack, remember there are restrictions for packing your carry-on and personal items. Keep liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes under 3.4 ounces each. This excludes medications and infant/child nourishment. Questions about specific items? Check TSA’s travel tips or use @asktsa on Twitter.
- Have TSA PreCheck? Use it! Get through the line quick and easy (without taking off your shoes). If you don’t have it, consider signing up for the next time you fly. More information here.
- Great news! Pies and turkeys are permitted through security checkpoint, but may require further inspection (or taste-testing.) Leave the cranberry sauce, gravy and jams in your checked bag though.
- Have kiddos? Stop by the Step2 PlayPort to let them burn off some energy while you relax and snap a few pictures. Moms can also take advantage of the private nursing station next door.