about 16 hours ago via Facebook
Why do you fly CAK? In our latest brand campaign, "Enjoy the Journey," real Customers share their CAK stories. #BetterWayToGo
Let us help you relax before your next trip from Akron-Canton Airport, a relaxing alternative to Cleveland Hopkins. Use these simple tips to prepare for a better traveling experience.
1. Ask your airline for a discounted fare when booking. Some offer discounts for children less than two years of age.
2. Pack a bag of toys and snacks to keep your child occupied during the flight.
3. CAK has family restrooms both pre and post gate screening. They’re easy to get in and out of even with strollers, plus step stools to help little ones reach the sink.
4. Take advantage of play areas. CAK has a Step2® PlayPort with plenty of room for kids to play and get their energy out before boarding a flight.
5. Past security checkpoint, near the play area, there is also a private breast feeding station for nursing moms on the move.
1. The night before your trip, put medications and important documents (reservation numbers, hotel and car rental information) in your carry-on bag.
2. Print your boarding pass from your home computer to save time at check-in.
3. Don’t wrap gifts. Or Security personnel will have to unwrap them during screening.
4. If you will have any firearms in your checked luggage, call your airline to let them know.
5. Wear slip-on shoes. It will speed your trip through gate screening.
6. Before locking the front door behind you, check www.akroncantonairport.com for arrival and departure information.
7. Plan to arrive at the airport 60 to 90 minutes before your departure time.
1. If you didn’t print your ticket at home, now’s the time to do it at a self-service kiosk.
2. Check luggage at the ticket counter prior to going to gate screening. Do not lock your luggage.
3. Declare any firearms located in your checked luggage.
4. Please only take one carry-on and one personal item (like a purse, laptop or bag).
5. Once at gate screening, remove your laptop from its case.
Request an exit row or bulkhead seating, where there's more room to really stretch out and relax.
In two words: lumbar support. Maybe you need more of it. So keep in mind that the pillow might do more good behind your back than behind your head.
Rapid altitude change effects air pressure, and if the middle ear pressure isn't equalized, the air already in there creates a vaccuum that stretched the eardrum inward. Ouch! So it's the Eustachian tube (in your ear) to the rescue! Opening it wide enough lets in more air to equalize the pressure. And the best way to do that is by opening up your mouth with a big yawn.
Sure does. Chewing makes you swallow more often, which also activates the muscle that opens that good ol' Eustachian tube of yours.
If the earphones or pretending to sleep doesn't stop 'em, then every time they speak, turn to face them with your mouth agape and eyes wide open while taking grip of their forearm and squeezing very tightly, as if you just can't wait to hear what's next. Do this every time they speak. Every time. (Of course, you could give up and make a new friend.)
The window seat is easiest. You've got the wall right there to lean your head against. And in the aisle seat, you can always stretch your legs out into the walkway. But if you're between the two, it's important to claim both armrests the moment you get on the plane, since, stuck there in the middle seat, leaning back with your elbows propped up is about the best you can help for.
Remember first that the sickness bag is NOT an option. If you're too shy to give a gentle tap on the shoulder or an "excuse me" in the ear, hit the stewardess call button so she wakes him up.
Nonstop to Florida!
Low Fares and Sandy Beaches
Fly Southwest nonstop to Orlando or Tampa from CAK! All taxes and fees included, plus 2 bags fly free when you book online at Southwest.com
Book your flight
Nonstop to New York!
Two exceptional airlines, one great city.
Fly United Airlines or American Airlines to get to New York City and beyond. Choose CAK to New York for your next trip.
Short Term: 75% Full
Long Term A: 80% Full
Long Term B: 60% Full
Economy: 60% Full
Parking Rates & More
Your next adventure is out there.
Don’t miss it. Sign up now for airfare deals and CAK Connections.No, thanks. I don't like to save money on airfare.