2 days ago via Facebook
Our team and customers got a sneak peak at the Cleveland Heights Barbershoppers performance before they left to compete at the Barber Shop Harmony Society Midwinter San Antonio Convention! Good luck today, guys!
Posted on November 21, 2011 1:00 pm by in Customers
Gobble, gobble, gobble! Thanksgiving is truly my favorite time of year. I have so much for which to be grateful! Topping my list are family, healthy kids and faithful husband, incredible friends who support me, dynamic work, and the opportunity (really it’s a privilege) to give back to this incredible community.
All of us at Akron-Canton Airport are grateful to our Customers who continue to express their love for our low fares and a fantastic airport experience. So, back at’cha! Here are a few tips to help make your trip a bit less hectic this holiday because our airport, like all others across the country, will be busy this week and next.
1. Arrive at CAK at least 90 minutes prior to your departure, especially if your flight leaves before 7:30 a.m.
2. Ship your gifts to your destination before you go or leave your gifts unwrapped. The good folks at the TSA need to have a look at all items at the security checkpoint and well, wrapped gifts make that pretty difficult.
3. Remember the 3-1-1 rule. 3 ounces, 1 carry-on bag and 1 quart baggie for liquids and gels. Jams, syrups, and eggnog are liquidy too. If you want to breeze through screening, be sure they are 3 ounces or less and fit into a 1 quart baggie.
4. Check with your airline’s website before you leave home to be sure your flight is on-time. I also really liked the AirTran Airways travel tips too. Check ‘em out before you go.
5. Weather can sometimes bugger up your flight, so keep your air carrier phone numbers/ mobile sites handy in case there is a cancellation. Often, a direct call will be speedier than waiting in a long customer service line. Check out these other Weather.com tips for more great advice about your holiday journey.
Finally, I love this time of year because I get to eat, eat, eat! To make this holiday tart and sweet for you too, try my fresh cranberry sauce recipe:
Ingredients: 1 bag of fresh cranberries, 1 cup of sugar (or ½ cup of sugar substitute, but it is Thanksgiving…why scrimp?), and 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Combine orange juice and sugar. Heat at medium low for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh cranberries (washed well) and heat at medium for 10 minutes or until the cranberries start to pop.
- Cool for 30 minutes and serve.
Voila! Yummy, easy and homemade.
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.
Global Access, Easy Peasy
Choose from American, Delta and United.
Excellent one-stop connections to your favorite places on the globe.
Book your flight
Spirit Nonstop to Orlando!
Cheap flights. Priceless Memories.
The magic starts from Akron-Canton Airport.
Book your flight
Short Term: 85% Full
Long Term A: 95% Full
Long Term B: 50% Full
Economy: 50% Full
Parking Rates & More
Your next adventure is out there.
Don’t miss it. Sign up now for airfare deals and CAK Connections.No, thanks. I don't like to save money on airfare.