You will need Flash 8 or better to view this content.
Go get'em, Tiger!
Free WiFi, free printing, a quiet place to free your mind and focus. Take advantage of our free Ohio Desk Business Center to hone that presentation and get the deal done!
Get your vitamin D
Sun, glorious sun! Good for your health, good for your spirits, and a good deal of the bright stuff is found throughout our open, airy, cheerful concourse!
Who needs peanuts? You have Amish Granola!
At the CAK Marketplace, you'll find all sorts of unique, locally
produced food and merchandise to bring along on your trip.
That's what you'll do through check-in and security, thanks to our shorter lines. (We get you
from car to gate 40% faster, in fact). My, oh, my, what a wonderful day!
Posted on 11/21/2011 by Kristie VanAuken
Gobble, gobble, gobble! Thanksgiving is truly my favorite time of year. I have so much for which to be grateful! Topping my list are family, healthy kids and faithful husband, incredible friends who support me, dynamic work, and the opportunity (really it’s a privilege) to give back to this incredible community.
All of us at Akron-Canton Airport are grateful to our Customers who continue to express their love for our low fares and a fantastic airport experience. So, back at’cha! Here are a few tips to help make your trip a bit less hectic this holiday because our airport, like all others across the country, will be busy this week and next.
1. Arrive at CAK at least 90 minutes prior to your departure, especially if your flight leaves before 7:30 a.m.
2. Ship your gifts to your destination before you go or leave your gifts unwrapped. The good folks at the TSA need to have a look at all items at the security checkpoint and well, wrapped gifts make that pretty difficult.
3. Remember the 3-1-1 rule. 3 ounces, 1 carry-on bag and 1 quart baggie for liquids and gels. Jams, syrups, and eggnog are liquidy too. If you want to breeze through screening, be sure they are 3 ounces or less and fit into a 1 quart baggie.
4. Check with your airline’s website before you leave home to be sure your flight is on-time. I also really liked the AirTran Airways travel tips too. Check ‘em out before you go.
5. Weather can sometimes bugger up your flight, so keep your air carrier phone numbers/ mobile sites handy in case there is a cancellation. Often, a direct call will be speedier than waiting in a long customer service line. Check out these other Weather.com tips for more great advice about your holiday journey.
Finally, I love this time of year because I get to eat, eat, eat! To make this holiday tart and sweet for you too, try my fresh cranberry sauce recipe:
Ingredients: 1 bag of fresh cranberries, 1 cup of sugar (or ½ cup of sugar substitute, but it is Thanksgiving…why scrimp?), and 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Combine orange juice and sugar. Heat at medium low for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh cranberries (washed well) and heat at medium for 10 minutes or until the cranberries start to pop.
- Cool for 30 minutes and serve.
Voila! Yummy, easy and homemade.
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.
Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing & Communications Officer