The top 5 foods at CAK you didn't know about
Posted on April 19, 2011 12:00 am by Mary Lou Gartner
When you work at CAK, you eat at CAK. Instead of only going through the Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) a couple times a year for trips, those of us who work here eat here quite a bit. And because of that, we have a good idea of the best food at CAK. I wanted to give you an insider's view of the food at CAK and tell you about some specific treats you didn't know existed.
So without further ado, here are my top five foods at CAK that you didn't know about but maybe you should:
1. Fried Pickles at Great Lakes Brewing Co. – Yes, our customers love the Great Lakes brews and go crazy every December for the Christmas Ale – But the true secret of the Great Lakes is the Fried Pickles. They're crispy on the outside, hot on the inside, dip them in the cheese sauce and you've just experienced a great pickle.
2. Chillata at Cinnabon – I can't even begin to describe how incredible our terminal smells from the newly-opened Cinnabon from a few weeks ago. While the gooey, sweet cinnamon rolls are delightful, it's the Chillata blended drink that I love. This smoothie concoction comes in four flavors: Tropical, Strawberry, Strawberry Banana and Mocha. These will be the perfect drink this summer.
3. Pizza at Subway – We may be best known for our Subway but forget the subs. Our Subway makes pizza. Remember all those veggies you can get on their sandwiches? They taste just as good on a pizza.
4. Chicken Caesar Wrap at Buckhead Grill – This is really an insider's tip. The Chicken Caesar Wrap is not even on the menu. I have to admit, I don't get this that much anymore because when I first discovered the wrap, I ate one at least twice a week for several months. I think I had too much of a good thing. But for this reason, I must recommend!
5. Caribou Coffee at Cinnabon and Buckhead Grill –Name-brand Caribou coffee being brewed right here at CAK makes you feel like you're in a coffee shop. The Morning Blend is my favorite. If you order it at Cinnabon, they can make mochas and specialty coffee drinks with it too.
So what do you think of my top five? Let me know if you've tried any of my little-known CAK treats. And I'll keep eating my way around the airport for you!